Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I love my life here and where we live. I love being so close to the beach, how the air is almost always cool in the mornings. I love all the fruit trees and seeing all of the fields go through their growth and harvest cycles. I love how many hawks there are out here. I love being able to sleep with the windows open for most of the year and, of course, I love my family and the things we do together.

Some things I miss about where I used to live are - being close to Mom, Dad and other family, a distinct change in seasons, cutting wood, fishing trips on the lake and to the mountains, my old job and the people I worked with, mostly Charlene. Sometimes I miss the desert heat, being able to ride my motorcycle at night without having to bundle up, the sunrises and sunsets. I miss my yard, sometimes I miss Bill.

There are things to love no matter where I am - it is up to me to search those things out.

No comments: