Thursday, February 25, 2010

We have been extremely busy getting ready to move to our new house. The escrow company really wasn't on the ball and we ended up closing 5 days later than we had planned so we have been putting in some long hours trying to get it ready so we can be out of the rental house by the end of the month. So far I have - replaced a leaky strainer basket in the kitchen sink and fixed another leak under the same sink, changed both shower heads, replaced the gasket between the toilet tank and the toilet bowl, changed the deadbolt on the front door, and patched and sanded all the walls. Lisa and I have painted almost the whole house and she cleaned the carpets today. While doing this I have still been working 48 hours a week and Lisa has been keeping up with her online classes and getting ready for mid-terms. We are both pretty tired. I think I even took a tiny nap at the stoplight on the way to work today.

Once we got a better look at the place we realized there were no light fixtures in the ceilings of any of the rooms - that meant no ceiling fans. So, we hired a guy to remedy the situation (that was a bit beyond my limited maintenance skills) and I will go buy the fans tomorrw. I think we will be ready to start moving stuff by tomorrow afternoon. Lisa talked to the Elders Quorum Pres and he is going to have some men and trucks to help us move the heavy stuff on Saturday morning. I am really thankful the good people in this ward are still willing to help us.

I am liking my job even though it gets frustrating some times. Yesterday I think every big call I took the informants lied to me as to the circumstances surrounding the call. They tell me, not once but several times, someone pulled a gun on them. When the deputy gets there it turns out that all the guy really saw was a fanny pack. Stuff like that makes me crazy. I sometimes think if it wasn't for tattle tales I wouldn't have a job. One thing that makes this job easier here than when I was dispatching in AZ is the fact that I don't know any of these people that call in. When we have a suicide chances are less than one in several thousand that I would know the person. In Page I almost always knew them.

Anyway - life is busy but good.

2 comments:

Quiet Song said...

How exciting-you are almost in your new home! Congratulations.

Jay said...

Thanks Quiet Song - we like it a lot