Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I was having a fairly decent day today. I kept busy all morning, did the Mobia - my best stats ever, did my resistance bands. Roasted a chicken and made brown rice for dinner so Lisa wouldn't have to fix dinner before she went to class tonite, cleaned up the kitchen, took the dog for a walk, took care of all of the animals needs, read a bit in my book, found the information Lisa needed to install Microsoft office on her computer. I felt good when I came in to work, upbeat, listening to tunes and inputting information into the computer. One of the other women in the office walked up and said "Is your voice ever going to get any better?" Kind of took me by surprise. I told her it was getting stronger, she said "And you are supposed to go back on the phones on Sunday?" I told her that was the plan if some of the deputies went off light duty. I told her I could feel an improvement in my voice. She said "Well, I don't see any." Now I feel tired, worn out, uncertain and wish it was time to go home and crawl into bed.

1 comment:

Quiet Song said...

These be they who are the little shriveled up people who exist in every organization and crawl out their holes when least expected to spew a curse upon the undeserving and the pleasant, sincere and whole humans around them. I am so sorry you had to experience her. May the days that follow be better and may she bite her tongue, literally and hard enough that it hurts her to utter . . . .