Wednesday, January 6, 2010

OCD, Perfectionism or Just Organized

I like order. I like the heads of all the bills in my pocket facing the same way, in order by monetary value. I like to start the day with 3 quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickel and 4 pennies in my pocket. When I use butter I like to cut it neatly off the end of the cube. When I open a new box of cereal or crackers I like to carefully open the inner package, not just rip it open. I like the toilet paper and the paper towels to come off the roll over the top and not the bottom, and have been known to change them if they don't. When I stack the dishes in the cupboard I like to do it by size - big plates followed by salad plates, followed by coffee cup liners topped with the bowls, by size. When I leave the car in the morning to go into work I do things in a certain order so when I get into the car to come back home everything will be adjusted and ready for me to get in and just go. When I use the bathroom at work I am constantly wiping up the soap dribbles and spills from the side of the sink and wonder why it is to hard to put a bit of soap in your hand and get your hand over the sink without spilling it all over. So, which of the 3 choices does all of this make me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go with organized. And, my sister always recommends the same things with money, as for having it all face the same way and accessible- she says, "If we take care of our money, it will take care of us." :) I agree.

And, I liked the picture of the ocean. It looked nice, warm, and inviting. I would love to dive into a nice warm ocean right about now.

Happy night!

HappyOrganist said...

no, it's OCD
=D

Anonymous said...

Or maybe just compulsive, but not to an OCD degree. ;)

Jay said...

When I was trained as a cashier a century or so ago it was a must to have all the heads on the bills facing the same way. Now no one does it, not even the banks.

I like EL's idea ;) - well, I like the idea that I am just organized most :/