Sunday, June 1, 2008

About Me

I am the Jay half of this blog. We decided to create this blog as a place of us to . . .talk about ourselves I guess, and we DO love to talk about ourselves.

I have spasmodic dysphonia, there is a link on the right side of the page there that will give you more information about it. I have struggled with this disorder for almost 30 years now. It sometimes makes my life very difficult. I work as a police, fire, ems, 911 dispatcher so my voice is vital to my job. I love my job and, luckily, my officers are very understanding and patient with my voice and rarely have to ask me to repeat anything. The public is a different matter all together. I get told a lot how awful and sick I sound, I normally just tell them thank you. I will talk more about this disorder and how it affects my life as we go on.

I love the outdoors, camping, fishing, hiking, backpacking, golf, cookouts. If it can be done outside I probably like to do it. I will chose a day of yard work over a day of house cleaning anytime.

I am at work and things are heating up on the radio so this will be it for now - more to come!

No comments: