Monday, June 2, 2008

Small Victories

Today someone told me how good my voice sounds! I can't even remember the last time someone, other than Lis or my Mom, told me that. I guess I am about to be convinced that reikki and, my form, of meditation is as vital to my voice as physical exercise is to my health. If I do it religiously I can tell a difference. It almost scares me though. I live in dread of waking up one day and all of the old spasms are back for good. My last botox shot was around Feb 20. It should be starting to wear off by now and my voice should be getting worse, not better. I keep thinking that maybe, with the last surgery, that the botox in February was just too much and that is just now wearing off to where I have a semi-decent voice. I had a half decent voice for about a week. Sometimes on a busy shift my vocal cords just ache. I slacked off on my reikki and meditation a bit last week and paid for it the last 2 days of my shift. I am also trying to be more conscious of my breathing as I talk, and of relaxing my upper body. Man, it shouldn't be this much work just to talk - should it?

No comments: