Friday, June 13, 2008

Softball

I play on a softball team for the police department. I played last year also and ended up pulling my quadratus femoris and popping the MCL in my right knee. It seems like it has taken me a full year to recover. Last night was the first game I have played in this year. I really didn't want to go play. The game didn't start until 9:00, I had just worked a 12 hour shift from 8 - 8, they had a traffic detail going on for 10 hours, I had to be back to work at 7:00 this morning and I was beat. We have to have a certain number of girls to be able to play so I decided I had best go down. I was really glad I did - I always enjoy playing once I get there. We play slow pitch and it has taken me forever to have the patience to wait for the ball to get to the plate before I swing at it. Last night I got a hit all 3 times I was up at bat, that was good, now I just have to work on hitting it farther and harder. I missed a couple of burning ground balls that were hit at me at second base and was pretty disgusted with myself over that. Later in the game I noticed a couple of guys muff balls much easier than those so then I didn't feel so bad. It sure seems like my body moved much faster and easier at 20 though than it does at 50.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are back in the game! :)

My bf plays on a Police n Fire hockey team. They are allowed to have two "associates" on the team so he's one of them. He's not a brave public servant like you :) He's just got a lot of buddies who are and he happens to play goalie and they needed one haha

Anyway, I'm glad your knee is better and dont worry about a small flub here and there. Chicks rule and guys screw stuff up way more than we ever do...no matter what the situation is! LOL :)

Hell, my body moved better at 20 than it does now at 35 hahaha Mother Nature is a cruel wench! ;-)